In an effort to strengthen First Amendment rights on campus, a revision to the University Freedom of Expression Policy has been proposed. The new policy will be effective May 10, 2017.
- Are based on new USG Policy
- Appropriately refer to “Public Forum Areas” vs. “Free Expression Areas”
- Clarify procedures
- Distinguish between Outside Groups vs. University Community
- Cover Large Events and Spontaneous Expression
- Clarify designated locations, including maps
- Remind faculty and staff to clear any articles representing the university with the Office of Marketing & Communications
Briefings are being conducted for Faculty Senate, Staff Advisory Council, and Student Government Association.
Questions or comments about the proposed changes from anyone in the university community may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.