Lost and Found
Last Update Approved: November 20, 2013
Edited/Revised: July 8, 2015
Revised Effective: August 7, 2015
Items found on any Middle Georgia State University (MGA) campus are required to be turned in to the MGA Police Department. Under no circumstances is it permissible for an individual or department to keep items found on campus.
- Police department staff will attempt to identify and contact the owner of all found items.
- Contact with the owner will be made via the Middle Georgia State University e-mail system or by phone when possible.
- Lost and found items can be claimed in the Police Department Office at the respective campus at which the property was located.
- All items will be kept for at least thirty calendar days after receipt of item or contact with owner.
- Items not claimed after thirty days will be donated or destroyed, as appropriate.
- All campus departments should turn unclaimed lost and found items in to the MGA Police Department by the following Friday of the week in which the property was received.