7.4.9 Transfer of Property

Added: 09/18/2013
Revised: 07/08/2015
Last Reviewed: 07/31/2018
Effective: 08/07/2015







Each department must notify the Property Control Office of any transfer of equipment to another Department, movement to another location within a building or movement to another building. This includes repairs or lending of items to Departments in another building.


A Property Transfer Form for each piece of equipment that is relocated should be completed and sent to the Property Control Office. The decal number and/or serial number of the equipment as well as a brief description should be included on the form.

When a Department needs assistance in moving or transporting items, the department should contact Plant Operations. Plant Operations will arrange with the Department a time for the pickup and delivery of the items.

The Department Head will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of employees authorized to utilize University equipment in their homes or other off campus locations. Please reference the Off Campus Use of State Property procedure for specific guidelines.

Property Transfer Forms can be obtained from the Property Control Office website.